Saturday, July 7, 2018

Hack, Hack, Hack


I’m getting real tired of being sick. I caught some respiratory thing in early June and it seems to have gone away, but has left me with worse coughing than my usual amount—which is way too much. Now instead of coughing for a while in the afternoon and evening, I’m hacking almost all day. My throat is sore and I’m worn out. Usually I get through till noon pretty well, but after that I’m pretty much miserable and getting to sleep has become a crapshoot. Can I lie down yet? Or should I just stay up longer and hope I’ll eventually get to sleep.

I’m hoping that eventually this will pass. It’s not quite as bad as my old hacking spells before the miracle of 2007, but it is close. It’s hard to enjoy doing anything. Went to the doctor early on and probably should have gone back when I wasn’t over it after the first two weeks. Now she’s supposed to be getting her knees replaced and is off for the next month. I have an appointment with the lung doctor in August, but that’s a whole month away and he’s 100 mile trip from here if I did make an additional appointment earlier.

Grumble, grumble, grumble.

No comments:

Post a Comment